Over 2 000 years ago Hippocrates wrote: "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Each one of the substances in a man's diet, acts upon his body and changes it in some way, and upon these changes his whole life depends, whether he be in health, in sickness or convalescent. To be sure, there can be little knowledge more necessary."
Now, as never before, we have to really reconsider these wise words for in our modern fast-paced, stressed, over-wrought and fear-filled lives, we are not coping and we are not glowing with abundant health and well-being.
With Healing Foods, prolific author Margaret Roberts brings nature's pharmacy into our homes and into our lives. Step by step, and easily accessible, she showcases the superfoods and warns of the danger foods, and lists the ailments we suffer from, offering comforting natural ways of correcting and rebuilding our health and regaining our vitality.
More than 150 common and lesser-known vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices and other food plants that are the building blocks of good health are described in full, covering aspects such as:
* The plant's history and origin
* Instructions on how to grow the plant
* Medicinal uses and major nutrients
* Ideas on how to include the plant in the diet, along with recipes
* Cosmetic and household uses and other interesting facts and hints
* The book concludes with an extensive A-Z list of ailments, with information on which danger foods to avoid and which superfoods, supplements and other therapies to consider to bring relief for each of the more than 100 common ailments discussed.
This book is essential reading for each of us in our quest for health and energy in an increasingly stress-filled world.
Author: Margaret Roberts
Extent: 272 pages
Format: 260 x 210 mm
Soft cover with gatefolds More than 150 full colour photographs